Privacy of personal information is an important principle to Rostad Tours Ltd. and its affiliates Oakridge Travel and Strider Golf Adventures. We are committed to collecting, using and disclosing personal information responsibly and only to the extent necessary for the travel products and services we provide. We also try to be open and transparent as to how we handle personal information. This document describes our privacy policies.
What is personal information?
Personal information is information about an identifiable individual. It can include name, home address and telephone number, e-mail address, gender, ID numbers, date of birth, and payment records.
We collect personal information for the following purposes:
We arrange travel products and services for our clients. The primary purposes for collecting personal information from clients are as follows:
- to make and secure reservations
- to issue transportation documents and vouchers
- to provide travel suppliers with information to complete the necessary purchasing arrangements for a wide array of travel and tourism products
- to secure visas on behalf of clients
- to provide clients with information regarding future travel opportunities and complementary products and services
- to meet legal and regulatory requirements
Accordingly, we deal with a number of consultants and third parties that may, in the course of their duties, have limited access to personal information we hold. These include airlines, hotels, cruise lines, travel insurance companies, tour operators, tour hosts, government agencies, computer reservations system providers, and other travel-related vendors. Examples of the type of personal information we collect include the following: name, address, telephone, e-mail address, date of birth, gender, credit card information, passport or visa information, and similar personal information necessary to properly identify our clients and their entitlement to the services we arrange.
We do not sell or trade any personal information collected to third parties.
We collect only information that is required for the purposes identified above.
Protecting personal information:
We understand the importance of protecting personal information.
You can look at your information:
- We store personal information with appropriate safeguards including the use of locked file cabinets and secure computers that are password protected.
- We retain personal information only as long as we need it for the intended purpose and as required by applicable laws.
With only a few exceptions, you have the right to see what personal information we hold about you. Often all you have to do is ask. We can help you identify what records we might have about you. We will need to confirm your identity, if we do not know you, before providing you with this access. We may ask you to put your request in writing. If you believe there is a mistake in the information, you have the right to ask for it to be corrected.
Do you have a concern?
You can contact Rostad Tours Ltd. by phone 1-800-361-8687, by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, or by postal mail to:
10-3109 Palliser Dr SW
Calgary AB T2V 4W5
We appreciate and value your patronage. At Rostad Tours Ltd. Privacy is not a privilege, it’s a right.